The pro- and anti-divestment proposals to the University, annotated by The Herald.

Read the annotated documents in their entirety here.

The Herald annotated opposing memos provided to Brown's Advisory Committee on University Resources Management regarding divestment from companies with Israeli military ties.

Brown's Advisory Committee on University Resources Management is closer than ever to releasing its public recommendation on whether the University should divest from 10 companies affiliated with the Israeli military. To make this recommendation, the committee examined two student proposals: Brown Divest Coalition’s report and “The Case Against Divestment,” a response by anti-divestment students.

The two documents capture the fundamental arguments and stakes driving the divestment dialogue on campus. The annotated versions created by The Herald highlight the year-long developments on campus that have shaped such proposals and provide additional context on Brown’s past and current divestment policies.

Follow the links to read The Herald's annotated version of the Brown Divest Coalition's report and the "Case Against Divestment" report

Owen Dahlkamp

Owen Dahlkamp is a Section Editor overseeing coverage for University News and Science & Research. Hailing from San Diego, CA, he is concentrating in political science and cognitive neuroscience with an interest in data analytics. In his free time, you can find him making spreadsheets at Dave’s Coffee.

Ethan Schenker

Ethan Schenker is a Senior Staff Writer covering staff and student labor. He is from Bethesda, MD, and plans to study International and Public Affairs and Economics. In his free time, he enjoys playing piano and clicking on New York Times notifications.

Ryan Doherty

Ryan Doherty is a section editor covering faculty, higher education and science & research. He is a junior concentrating in chemistry and economics who likes to partially complete crosswords in his free time.

Katie Jain

Katie Jain is a University News editor from New Jersey overseeing the graduate student life beat. She is a junior concentrating in International and Public Affairs and History.

Julia Vaz

Julia Vaz is the managing editor of newsroom and vice president on The Herald's 134th Editorial Board. Previously, she covered Environment and Crime & Justice as a Metro editor. A concentrator in political science and modern culture and media, she loves watching Twilight (as a comedy) and casually dropping the fact she is from Brazil.

Neil Mehta

Neil Mehta is the editor-in-chief and president of the Brown Daily Herald's 134th editorial board. They study public health and statistics at Brown. Outside the office, you can find Neil baking and playing Tetris.

Sophia Wotman

Sophia Wotman is a Senior Staff Writer covering the Affinity & Activism beat under University News. She is a junior from Long Island, New York concentrating in Political Science with a focus on women’s rights. She is a jazz trumpet player, and you’ll often find her performing on campus and around Providence.

Aniyah Nelson

Aniyah Nelson is a University News editor overseeing the undergraduate student life beat. She is a junior from Cleveland, Ohio concentrating in political science and sociology. In her free time, she enjoys listening to music and watching bloopers from The Office.