The following summary includes a selection of major incidents reported to the Department of Public Safety between Sept. 8 and Sept. 16. It does not include general service and alarm calls. The Providence Police Department also responds to incidents occurring off campus. DPS does not divulge information on cases that are currently under investigation by the department, PPD or the Office of Student Life. DPS maintains a daily log of all shift activity and general service calls, which can be viewed during business hours at its headquarters at 75 Charlesfield St.

Sept. 12

Facilities reported that all of the copper toilet valves located in a women's restroom had been stolen.

Sept. 12

A student reported that between 2:30 a.m. and 10 a.m., her laptop was taken while she was asleep in her unsecured room.

Sept. 13

Brown police were dispatched to meet with a Providence Police officer. The officer explained he was on patrol when he observed a bicycle leaning against an iron fence in a park. He then entered the park to see who the bicycle belonged to. He observed two sets of legs hanging over the edge of a monument overlooking the city. He instructed the two parties to meet him at the fence. The subjects were identified as Brown students and were cited for the city ordinance regarding the park curfew. The park has signs posted that state it is closed from 9 p.m. to 7 a.m.

Sept. 14

A student stated between the hours of 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. Sept. 13 someone had taken a cell phone, bicycle light and a bicycle repair kit from a pouch on her bicycle that was locked to the bike rack. While speaking with the student, a Sterling Security employee who works at 222 Richmond St. reported his cellular phone was taken as well. He stated he locked his bicycle to the bike rack, and when he went to retrieve his phone, he noticed his bicycle pouch was open and the phone was missing.

Sept. 15

Student reports his laptop was stolen from his backpack while he went to buy food.

Sept. 15

Reporting party stated he secured his bike to the rack and went to work. When he returned at 3 p.m., it was gone.