Alex Mazerov '10: T.O. in Buffalo?

Well that was quick. No less than two days after Terrell Owens was released by the Dallas Cowboys, the poison pill of a wide receiver signed a one-year, $6.5 million deal with the - Buffalo Bills?

No offense to Bills fans, but I would think that such an out-of-this-universe personality like T.O. would be able to find a franchise with a little bit of pizzazz.

Yes, he's proven himself to be a cancer in the locker room and, at 35, his best Sundays are certainly behind him, but the six-time Pro-Bowler is still freakishly talented and has at least a few productive seasons left in him. It's not hard to believe then that there would be a number of teams in need of some firepower who'd be willing to take a chance on the high-maintenance wideout.

Assuming that Owens' agent/shameless blowhard Drew Rosenhaus was telling the truth when he said after T.O. was cut on Thursday that "several teams" had expressed interest in his client's services, it would have been prudent for the axis of megalomania to spend at least a little more time looking for a team where T.O. Trial No. 4 wasn't completely doomed to failure.

This is a player, after all, who demands absolute perfection from the offensive unit he plays for, which he insists be centered around him. Back in December, for instance, Owens reportedly came close to blows with Cowboys tight end Jason Witten, whom T.O. apparently resented for getting the ball too much. And he consistently blamed Dallas offensive coordination Jason Garrett's play-calling for his team's struggles during a disappointing 9-7 campaign in 2008.

The Bills' offense is far from an elite strike force. In fact, it's been pretty consistently abysmal. Buffalo was 25th in the league in yards gained last year, put up just 15 touchdowns to wide receivers the past two seasons - Owens alone had 25 in that span - and has been ranked 25th or lower in total offense in each of the last six seasons.

And who could forget the Bills' spectacular collapse last season, losing eight of their last 10 games and scoring just two field goals in their final three home games?

The addition of Owens to the Bills will certainly take some pressure off fellow outside threat Lee Evans, but it's difficult to imagine this move turning Buffalo into a contender.

If being thrown to by two Pro Bowl gunslingers in Donovan McNabb and Tony Romo wasn't enough to keep T.O. satisfied, the odds of Bills QB Trent Edwards - who threw just 11 touchdowns in 2008 - keeping No. 81 from griping are about as remote as the Cowboys' chances of winning it all next year.

Alex Mazerov '10 is putting his popcorn away.